As a carrier board for the Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4 (CM4), Piunora is essentially a tiny version of the Raspberry Pi 4 Single Board Computer (SBC) with added flexibility to accommodate custom form factors. CM4-based devices like Piunora are fully compatible with software that was written for the Raspberry Pi 4, as long as that software accounts for the hardware peripherals in use. There are also versions of the CM4 that include eMMC memory, which is more reliable than a traditional SD card.
It may be small, but Piunora is packed with powerful peripherals!
Features & Specifications
- Arduino UNO R3 / Adafruit Metro compatible form factor (3.3 V logic, may not be compatible with all Shields)
- PCI-e through M.2 B-Key connector on the rear of the board with dedicated 3.3 V / 3 A supply
- Analog to Digital Converter (MCP3008)
- On-the-fly switching between USB host (USB Type-A) and device mode (USB Type-C)
- Qwiic/Stemma QT connector to easily interface with I²C devices
- A full-sized camera connector that supports all Pi-compatible cameras
- A full-sized HDMI 2.0 port
- A WS2812 Smart RGB LED for user status
- Optional Wi-Fi or eMMC options depending on your choice of CM4
- Slim design with the Piunora Lite measuring 8-12 mm and the Piunora Pro measuring 11-13 mm
- Two user-controllable buttons (including software that turns one of them into a safe-shutdown button)
- Piunora is open hardware, and we will publish both our design files and our software by the time it ships